Question how to troubleshoot rear audio jack problems?

Khidreal

Prominent
Sep 18, 2019
I use a 2.1 system, connected at the rear jack.
the right speaker doesn't work anymore, but bass and left speaker work.
if I connect the speakers to the front jack, all speakers work fine.

I connected my headphones to the rear, and it's like if the rear jack was giving the sound in mono, instead of stereo, the right headphone speaker would still play sound at a very low volume and it would play the same the left speaker would play, just like mono sound.

it's weird that the rear jack has this problem, but not the front jack. I don't know what can this be...

any ideas on how to troubleshoot this?

port could be damaged, most of realtek soundcards allows u to reassign any other rear ports to anything u like
connect it to orange port, then open realtek manager and on right side under analog - back panel, click on orange colored circle then in popup menu select front speaker out
connector%20retasking.jpg

Khidreal

Prominent
Sep 18, 2019
port could be damaged, most of realtek soundcards allows u to reassign any other rear ports to anything u like
connect it to orange port, then open realtek manager and on right side under analog - back panel, click on orange colored circle then in popup menu select front speaker out
connector%20retasking.jpg

my computer only has 1 port at the back, I can't do that, also my realtek control panel doesn't let me open that box you show, when I click the port nothing happens.
one thing that is strange is that the speaker configuration, says stereo and it's grayed out.
also I don't know what version of realtek I have, but it looks old...
om7jGoZ.jpg

Last edited: