[SOLVED] How to turn Bluetooth back on?

thedesertfox99

Honorable
Nov 20, 2013
Hi Everybody,

My laptop went into to sleep mode today, and upon waking it the Bluetooth was turned off. I can't figure out how to turn it back on in Windows 10. It's not in the action center, I've followed the instructions on how to add the hot key to the action center to no avail, and I see no trace of a Bluetooth adapter in the Device Manager.

I have the MSI GT73VR Titan Pro.

I'm wondering if there is a Bluetooth button somewhere that I can't find....

Thanks in advance for any help!

Solution
So I had a similar problem with my GT62VR when it would go to sleep it and wake up my Wireless Adapter would be missing and only putting to sleep again and waking it up would fix it. This would happen randomly. What seems to have fixed it was going into device manager and right clicking>properties>power management>and unchecking "allow computer to put to sleep to save power" (or something along that line. Hopefully this works
reddit link

Colif

Win 11 Master
So I had a similar problem with my GT62VR when it would go to sleep it and wake up my Wireless Adapter would be missing and only putting to sleep again and waking it up would fix it. This would happen randomly. What seems to have fixed it was going into device manager and right clicking>properties>power management>and unchecking "allow computer to put to sleep to save power" (or something along that line. Hopefully this works
reddit link

Solution

thedesertfox99

Honorable
Nov 20, 2013
I unplugged the power adapter and restarted the machine. Which allowed me to pair it again. So, the Bluetooth obviously reactivated. However, a different issue then started to occur. This I can make even less sense of, but after I pair the speaker I get only silence if I use a media player, such as VLC, and if I'm streaming a Youtube video the internet connection is dropped. The video will be playing perfectly until the second it connects then it will begin to buffer indefinitely. I could understand if I didn't get any sound......but what could be causing such an intricate, or speaking in more sophisticated terms, "Retarded," network issue?