How to turn on integrated gpu

Jul 2, 2018
How to turn on integrated graphics chip in bios?
Im getting no signal msg when i turn on my pc even tho my gpu fans are spinning so i wanted to check if the pc would boot up with igpu..

Solution
Whether the CPU was modded by you, or someone else doesn't matter.

The motherboard doesn't natively support it - so there's no guarantee of all functionality when it's installed.
The onboard graphics may or may not work with a Xeon installed...... You cannot assume it'll just "work" when you enable the iGP (it might, but there's no way to know for sure).

As far as PSUs go..... I'd suggest looking to replace it. Chances are pretty good it's the culprit.... and you should really replace it anyway.

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
What CPU do you have? Assuming there is an iGP, remove the GPU from the system and connect to the outputs on the motherboard itself.

You could simply connect to the motherboard itself, without removing the GPU as, if it's not detecting the GPU, the iGP should just *work* - but that's not always the case.

The iGP (if present) should be able to be enabled/disabled in the BIOS - but exactly how/where, will depend on the motherboard you have.

Please post your full system spec.

Jul 2, 2018
@rgd1101

Yeah thats the system.. I tried every pcie, peg, pgd and IGD setting from bios and when i choose IGD it shuts down my pc, reboots it but this time doesnt even load the mobo picure thus not letting me enter the bios and change it.. Only thing i can do is clear cmos and then boot again..

Jul 2, 2018
The cpu came modded, i didnt have to cut the little pieces from the cpu socket but had to flash my bios in order for xeon to work.. The thing is, i don't have access to a spare psu for testing and doubt i could find one to borrow since i live in a small city and people still use 200w psu haha..

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
Whether the CPU was modded by you, or someone else doesn't matter.

The motherboard doesn't natively support it - so there's no guarantee of all functionality when it's installed.
The onboard graphics may or may not work with a Xeon installed...... You cannot assume it'll just "work" when you enable the iGP (it might, but there's no way to know for sure).

As far as PSUs go..... I'd suggest looking to replace it. Chances are pretty good it's the culprit.... and you should really replace it anyway.

Solution