How to understand if a blower gpu cooler is broken?

NoobPC97

Commendable
May 25, 2016
Pretty much the title..
I've got a GTX 1060 founders and it was full of dust, i removed it (with a small clean brush) while tryng not to make the fan spin too much, but it unfortunately did...
After i cleaned it i went on Google looking for same guys with the same problem, and sorted out that maybe because of that blower spin i could have broken the bearings?
Gpu temps are ok , but how do i understand if those are really broken?
Is there any way to change them? Anyways next summer i will open up this card to clean it completely, and probably re-apply Thermal paste.

Solution
you cannot break bearings by spinning them, the entire reason bearings exist is to reduce friction when spinning.
does the Fan spin when the system is on? if so you are fine.

canned air is the preferred dusting tool and it would have spun the fan unless the fan was held or stuck.

R_1

Expert
Ambassador
you cannot break bearings by spinning them, the entire reason bearings exist is to reduce friction when spinning.
does the Fan spin when the system is on? if so you are fine.

canned air is the preferred dusting tool and it would have spun the fan unless the fan was held or stuck.

Solution

NoobPC97

Commendable
May 25, 2016

HI thanks for the answer, yup fan is spinning normal, and it was not stuck before cleaning.. just very dusty