How to uninstall an update? [Please help]

Netherzapdos

Reputable
Oct 16, 2015
So I just installed a new Windows 8.1 update, which I did not want, and it screwed up all my audio, so pretty much my mic sounds like poop because the program im using to optimize it is no longer working.

I can tell that its the update's fault because reinstalling OBS, the optimizing program, the virtual cables, and even restarting the laptop about more than 5 times did not fix the issue. (I have even did a system restore 2 times)

So I went to go google and find the way on how to uninstall the most recent update, and I did, but it didn't tell me which one to uninstall, and there's like more than 40 update files within the recent update. Here's a pic:

W57f4Ek.png

Now, the problem I have is I don't know how to uninstall the update, is there like one specific update file that I need to uninstall or do I need to uninstall each and every one manually? Is it also safe to UNINSTALL ALL files in that picture?? Thanks

(Bonus question: If you know any programs that improve mic/voice quality then i'd like to hear it, except for Aduacity)

Solution
Before reading all of my message below, please consider updating to windows 10 because windows 8 is pretty much a field of bugs, however it seems like you're the only one who has had this audio problem.

Usually this is either the program not starting up or it is not in compatibility mode because of the update, go to the properties of the program (I presume noise gator and some sort of EQ program is what you're talking about) and then click on the 'compatibility' tab and select it for example windows 7, it should then work after that as updates can cause problems to stop working.

Netherzapdos

Reputable
Oct 16, 2015

Thank you, i'll go find it now

Netherzapdos

Reputable
Oct 16, 2015

Also, is there a link that I could refer to? Doing this just takes up my time and I want to start doing commentaries D:

Komayy

Reputable
Dec 19, 2015
Before reading all of my message below, please consider updating to windows 10 because windows 8 is pretty much a field of bugs, however it seems like you're the only one who has had this audio problem.

Usually this is either the program not starting up or it is not in compatibility mode because of the update, go to the properties of the program (I presume noise gator and some sort of EQ program is what you're talking about) and then click on the 'compatibility' tab and select it for example windows 7, it should then work after that as updates can cause problems to stop working.

Solution