How to uninstall Movie Maker

I don't use or need Windows Movie Maker. However i can't find it anywhere in
Add/Remove programs nor Components. Where can I uninstall it safely?

Windows Movie Maker is a system component not designed to
be removed or uninstalled.

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"Kevin C." wrote:

| I don't use or need Windows Movie Maker. However i can't find it anywhere in
| Add/Remove programs nor Components. Where can I uninstall it safely?

---
Virus Database (VPS): 0519-2, 05/12/2005
Tested on: 5/12/2005 9:49:38 AM

Is there any way to reinstall 2.1? My machine was invaded by adware/malware
and during cleanup some of the registry keys have been deleted. When it
runs, I get "class not registered" errors. If there is a way to reinstall,
that would be the best answer. Thanks.

"Carey Frisch [MVP]" wrote:

> Windows Movie Maker is a system component not designed to
> be removed or uninstalled.
>
> --
> Carey Frisch
> Microsoft MVP
> Windows XP - Shell/User
> Microsoft Newsgroups

> "Kevin C." wrote:
>
> | I don't use or need Windows Movie Maker. However i can't find it anywhere in
> | Add/Remove programs nor Components. Where can I uninstall it safely?
>

> ---
> Virus Database (VPS): 0519-2, 05/12/2005
> Tested on: 5/12/2005 9:49:38 AM

How to Reinstall Windows Movie Maker
http://www.tweakxp.com/article139809.aspx

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"Helene Harris" wrote:

| Is there any way to reinstall 2.1? My machine was invaded by adware/malware
| and during cleanup some of the registry keys have been deleted. When it
| runs, I get "class not registered" errors. If there is a way to reinstall,
| that would be the best answer. Thanks.

TRENDING THREADS