News How to Uninstall Windows 11 and Roll Back to Windows 10

Jul 6, 2021
Windows 11 was pushed on my laptop although I have the setting disabled for insider builds. I didn't want this nor liked it. I'm exceptionally not fond of the new Mac feel of the menus. I'd rather make a clean reinstall than keep it. Thanks for the article, literally saved me.

Jul 8, 2021
Thank you for this article! I tried out Windows 11, and based on what I use Windows for it works well. I like some of the changes! I'm sure the overall interface will freak out some people, but for me I liked how the network settings showed brief information about the connection, such as which WiFi protocol it utilized and what band as well as link speed. The new interface does feel kinda Android like though...

The brief trial I did with this new OS will be enough for me to switch to it when it comes out officially. I am grateful that I was able to get back on Windows 10 though. I was a bit hasty to try out Windows 11, and was not prepared to lose Windows 10 in case of any bugs! For me, all of my programs worked as intended. I feel that Windows 11 is Windows 10 with a different interface shell.

Jul 8, 2021
Thank you for this article! I tried out Windows 11, and based on what I use Windows for it works well. I like some of the changes! I'm sure the overall interface will freak out some people, but for me I liked how the network settings showed brief information about the connection, such as which WiFi protocol it utilized and what band as well as link speed. The new interface does feel kinda Android like though...

The brief trial I did with this new OS will be enough for me to switch to it when it comes out officially. I am grateful that I was able to get back on Windows 10 though. I was a bit hasty to try out Windows 11, and was not prepared to lose Windows 10 in case of any bugs! For me, all of my programs worked as intended. I feel that Windows 11 is Windows 10 with a different interface shell.
did rolling back to win10 delete all your existing data?

Jul 8, 2021
Rolling back did NOT delete any data for me. In fact, I haven’t noticed anything out of place since the rollback as far as preferences or settings go – it’s like I never tried the update!

That being said, I ensured that I had my data backed up BEFORE the upgrade. You never know when an OS upgrade or downgrade will go awry. I was fully prepared to reinstall win10 if I needed to.

Aug 30, 2021
hi everyone,

I have this problem with a twist: I was receiving Preview Builds in my Win 10 Pro, then Win 11 was offered to install, I quit the Insider Program, but it went on offering to install (Pending Restart). Microsoft writes that some parts of Insider Program are managed by my "organization", but this is a private laptop with no "organization" attached to it..

I tried to find info on how to detach the PC from the "organization" but couldn't find anything helpful.

Now I've deleted the files in the update folder as described in the original post above, so now it's says there's an update error and Windows will try to "fix" it, so I suspect it will re-download Win 11 suggested update again?

Is there a possible out of this situation? I opted out of Insider program, but it doesn't seem to help.

Dec 15, 2021
Just bought a Surface Pro 7+. Staring my new Surface and Windows 10 installed nicely. Near the end of the installation 'it' decided to install Windows 11. Could not stop that, I wanted Windows 10.

W11 installed, and when finished, I wanted to use 'go back' to W10.
That option was not there. My Surface has a small SSD of 128 GB. Is there perhaps not enough space for a windows 'old'? Could not find that directory.
Reinstalled W10, that really took hours, but I now have may W10 laptop.

Jan 6, 2022
I have rolled back windows 11 but it is still showing as a pending update and my power options show restart to update. How do I remove it from the pending update status?

Thanks, Tim

wr3zzz

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
This is pointless. Windows 11 got pushed into my machine a week ago and my work flow has been constantly interrupted due to random restart. I reverted back to Windows 10 and Microsoft just keep installing Windows 11 again and again. The registry hack won't work because as soon as the Windows 10 rebooted Windows 11 installation that still inside the PC kicks in. I might have to resort to a clean install of Windows 10 and disable update altogether. WTF.