[SOLVED] How to unplug displayport

Solution
No reason why you shouldn't have 144Hz at all with the dvi or dp-dp cable that's already there.
Why are you trying to get a dp-hdmi to work when you already have 2 working solutions?

boju

Titan
Ambassador
To release is upwards reverse motion.

There's a problem with your adapter and the reason you're not getting a display is this cable isn't bi-directional. Meaning the hdmi end connects to the monitor, not the other way around.

What graphics card do you have?

Aug 16, 2019
My graphics: AMD Radeon R9 200 Series
i've tried to wiggle it from side to side and then pulling it by wiggling it again , and i tried to push it upward and then pulling it back, but no luck.

Rs0fXSy.jpg

p5QA1aX.jpg

WHtnG2U.jpg

9Fm1wbR.jpg

boju

Titan
Ambassador
That is not DP, that is DVI.. Unscrew the two side screws to unplug. No wonder you can't unplug.

You better research what the difference is between DVI, Hdmi and Displayport. And obviously you have an Hdmi to DVI cable, not DP to Hdmi.

Aug 16, 2019
That is not DP, that is DVI.. Unscrew the two side screws to unplug. No wonder you can't unplug.

You better research what the difference is between DVI, Hdmi and Displayport. And obviously you have an Hdmi to DVI cable, not DP to Hdmi.

Ok, so after i'll release the cable on the monitor side , should i insert it here? (where the red arrow is pointed):

0pqmRn2.jpg

5Yw6LP8.jpg

Aug 16, 2019

And what do you mean when you say that i have Hdmi to DVI cable, and not DP to Hdmi??
3rXO6CW.png
this is the product page and it clearly says "DP TO HDMI"

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Sorry i was on phone and didnt see the Displayport to the left (pretty dark), all i saw was the huge white DVI plug LOL.

Any case, the cable you have linked is an DP to Hdmi, it is not bi-directional as i said. This cable will only work from an DP source to Hdmi display.

What model R9 200 gpu do you have specifically? Does it have DVI?, why have you chosen an adapter like this? The red arrow is an Hdmi port and that won't give you 144Hz.

If your gpu does have DVI DL then get a DVI DL cable.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Doesn't matter what the product website says. According to the pictures you took, that big white connector with the 2 thumb screws is DVI. The little black connector that says 'Goldtouch' is either dp or hdmi, can't tell. To remove that requires squeezing the connector, there's usually a rough spot or button under it which releases the lock pin, almost like the tab on ethernet cable needs pressing. (look at the top connector of the website picture, you'd push up on the tab where the thumbnail depression shows, right next to the end)

Hdmi is compatible with dvi-d, dvi dual link. Dp is only compatible with hdmi if the dp is dual mode, otherwise it's not compatible. Dual link dvi-d is only compatible with hdmi. You'd need special powered active adapters to change the formats to use anything other than hdmi-dvi.

That cable says its Active DP to HDMI. so you'd use DP at the gpu and HDMI at the monitor. It doesn't work backwards.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
To remove that requires squeezing the connector, there's usually a rough spot or button under it which releases the lock pin, almost like the tab on ethernet cable needs pressing.

Are those locking pins spring loaded using the button? I've thought the upwards release is what did it, me pressing the button without realising looks like it. Even though i knew there was a thumb print button thing, never thought to see if it did anything for the pins.

Aug 16, 2019
I wanted to know what gpu they have. First time gave me a vague answer, hopefully next time is more specific. Hopefully they have either DP or DVI. Be kinda silly doing an adapter if either exists on the gpu.
Hmm.. i'm not sure how to check this
can you see it here ?
U0uf7Ji.png

Aug 16, 2019
1. Yes the dual dvi cable is connected from the computer to the monitor, so right now my monitor "running" on dvi,
but when i'm trying to switch to displayport, i get the "no signal"

LuH9bOr.jpg

do you mean the black plug that the green arrow pointing to it ? or the one that the red arrow pointing to it ? or the one the the blue arrow pointing to it ?
btw i'm pretty sure that the "gold touch" cable is connected to the displayport place
3. not yet, no luck so far (though i didnt try the unscrewing option yet)

Last edited:

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Na the green arrow is pointing at a dsub connection. Everything there in the io shield belongs to the motherboard.

The Gold Touch cable you've got, is a bi-directional cable. It won't work how you have it connected, it is meant only for Displayport --> to --> Hdmi monitor.

What is it exactly do you want done? The cable isn't obviously working out and we've been trying to help you get to the bottom of this but you haven't really been collaborative.

Aug 16, 2019
Sorry if i wasn't clear, i just wanted to make the displayport option on my new monitor to work, because as far as i understand, it should give the best resaults,
so from your answers and everybody answers on this post, i understood that i got the wrong cable connected (displayport to hdmi)
so i have just this question left: after i manage to disconntect the cables, should i buy dp to dp cable and connect it ?
all of your help is much appreciated!

Reactions: boju

boju

Titan
Ambassador
All good dude, we're all willing to help.

Your monitor takes DVI, Displayport and Hdmi. Now your GPU has DVI and Hdmi that i can see, the other slot in between im not sure. If that is a Displayport connection then yes use that or DVI.

DVI Dual Link which your graphics card can do and your monitor also receives, can operate at 144Hz via DVI.