[SOLVED] How to update bios after hardware change?

jessicat1261

Commendable
Jan 14, 2021
So I recently upgraded my motherboard to a Asus B450-F Gaming II, and I expected of course to have to update the bios, but it says "when raid configuration was built, ensure to set sata configuration to raid mode" and when I press F1 to run setup, it doesn't run setup?

Solution
Upgraded from an Asus Prime B450-M A-II.Windows. And I don't know, but I turn it on and it gives me an *American megatrends" screen telling me to recover bios from settings but when I press F1 it doesn't come up with the bios
If it is failing to boot up...that is what often happens with a new motherboard.

Unusual that this happened between a Asus B450-F Gaming II and a Asus Prime B450-M A-II.
Similar chipset.

But....it is not booting up, so something is wrong.

jessicat1261

Commendable
Jan 14, 2021
WAY more detail needed.

Upgraded from what?
What OS?
What does RAID have to do with this?
Upgraded from an Asus Prime B450-M A-II.Windows. And I don't know, but I turn it on and it gives me an *American megatrends" screen telling me to recover bios from settings but when I press F1 it doesn't come up with the bios

USAFRet

Titan
If it is failing to boot up...that is what often happens with a new motherboard.

Unusual that this happened between a Asus B450-F Gaming II and a Asus Prime B450-M A-II.
Similar chipset.

But....it is not booting up, so something is wrong.

Solution