How To Update Bios

Ck1_13

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2009
OK, EDUCATION: BIOS is basically a 'chip' on your motherboard, with Read Only instructions built in, on how your motherboard is to communicate, configure, use the hardware that's installed into it. The reason for flashing a BIOS, is usually to fix some problem or update those instructions, for instance to make your PC more compatible with newer types of processors.
DISCLAIMER: If something goes wrong during the flashing process, say the power goes out, or somehow in incorrect version of a BIOS is to be installed, your computer could potentially be left in an un-bootable state.
as such, Always make a backup of your current BIOS, before updating it to a new one.

Now I checked your motherboard manual, and if you open it and search for "Clear CMOS", you'll find detailed instructions + picture, explaining how to reset your BIOS to defaults, if you should run into a problem now, or in the future.

ONTO the updates: Here's your motherboards homepage:

http://www.foxconnchannel.com/ProductDetail.aspx?T=motherboard&U=en-us0000525

If you click the link 'tech support' , in the middle you will be shown lists of BIOS updates.

You should download the latest version. It comes with the flashing program, the BIOS update, and a batch file which runs the flashing program. These will need to be on a bootable media, like a boot disk, flash drive, etc.

Now, at this point you've got everything you need, personally before I did anything I'd read up a bit on flashing BIOS's, if you need to, and possibly even call their support line for assistance, as I cannot lead you step by step on how to do the rest. Good Luck!

Seif Samir

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2014

Thanks .. but i'm changed my Motherboard to Gigabyte : D

TRENDING THREADS