[SOLVED] How to update bios

Feb 15, 2019
Hi,
I am building a new gaming computer with Asus prime x470 pro and a ryzen 7 2700x. I need to up date the bios before I start installing windows. Where and how do I do this. Thank you in advance.

Solution
BIOS version at least 4204 is needed for best RAM compatibility because of AGESA 1006 and
4207 is best for that MB and it's proper operation but not necessary just to install Windows 10.
Just follow MB manual. Get the BIOS file from Asus site https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/PRIME-X470-PRO/HelpDesk_BIOS/ unzip the file " PRIME-X470-PRO-ASUS-4207.zip" and it's content which is file " PRIME-X470-PRO-ASUS-4207.CAP" to an USB stick formatted to Fat32.
Reset CMOS (with all power off) and once you BOOT to BIOS you choose it from the advanced menu (F7) > Tools > Asus Ez Flash utility > Via storage device(s) and let it install as prescribed.
I tested them all and found that 4207 is best for stability.

Wolfshadw

Titan
You only update the BIOS if doing so resolves a problem you are experiencing. The only reason to update the BIOS as a first step would be if your processor requires a newer BIOS that what the motherboard shipped with. Here is the CPU Support List for that motherboard. It shows the earliest BIOS version as 0222. The Ryzen 7 2700X is compatible with that motherboard since BIOS version 0222. There is no need to update the BIOS.

-Wolf sends

BIOS version at least 4204 is needed for best RAM compatibility because of AGESA 1006 and
4207 is best for that MB and it's proper operation but not necessary just to install Windows 10.
Just follow MB manual. Get the BIOS file from Asus site https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/PRIME-X470-PRO/HelpDesk_BIOS/ unzip the file " PRIME-X470-PRO-ASUS-4207.zip" and it's content which is file " PRIME-X470-PRO-ASUS-4207.CAP" to an USB stick formatted to Fat32.
Reset CMOS (with all power off) and once you BOOT to BIOS you choose it from the advanced menu (F7) > Tools > Asus Ez Flash utility > Via storage device(s) and let it install as prescribed.
I tested them all and found that 4207 is best for stability.

Last edited:
Solution