[SOLVED] How to update bios.

Mar 16, 2020
I have a older lenovo M81 prebuild system that I have upgraded (i7 2600 8 gb ddr3 120gb ssd 1tb hdd) and I have a new rx470. From all of my research they should work together in sort of a plug and play fashion, but when I plug in the gpu the system wont post. All other components of the system are know-good, as well as the gpu which I tested on my R5 1600x system with a b450 mobo. My bios age is set somewhere in 2011 and the lastest update was in 2014 I'm hoping that if I can update the bios with should work. I have no idea how to do that however I've down loaded the iso to a usb and tried booting from it with no success. Send Halp please😅😭

Solution
I have a older lenovo M81 prebuild system that I have upgraded (i7 2600 8 gb ddr3 120gb ssd 1tb hdd) and I have a new rx470. From all of my research they should work together in sort of a plug and play fashion, but when I plug in the gpu the system wont post. All other components of the system are know-good, as well as the gpu which I tested on my R5 1600x system with a b450 mobo. My bios age is set somewhere in 2011 and the lastest update was in 2014 I'm hoping that if I can update the bios with should work. I have no idea how to do that however I've down loaded the iso to a usb and tried booting from it with no success. Send Halp please😅😭
if you try updating your bios with different gpu and processor it might work (older...
Apr 6, 2020
if you try updating your bios with different gpu and processor it might work (older gpu/cpu) so it matches the bios.

Reactions: Crimpyro
Solution

TRENDING THREADS