How to update gpu bios

Jan 9, 2019
Hi, I’ve been having gpu problems since 2 weeks ago i found it out last week that whenever i remove my gpu my pc boots up. Now i have downloaded GPU-Z and show’s that my GPU’s bios is unknown. I’ve been having the nvidia error code 43 in device manager. I did download nvflash to flush my gpu bios, but the program did not let me do it. There was an error where it’s said i need the 64 bit win 10 to update is , which is what i use. The card we talking about is the EVGA 980Ti Founders Edition 6gb graphics card. If anyone has any information how to update it by any chance i would appriciate it. I already have the bios downloaded to my pc. I just need helo with the update.

Jan 9, 2019
Yes, with the video card connected to the system won’t boot the system up and it stucks on the windows 10 logo. Checked device manager it’s says error code 43. The power supply is a corsair rm650x and i use a evga 980Ti founder edition card. The pc was working the last 3 months. The problem happened a week ago. In the middle of the game the pc automatically rebooted 2x on the same day both times i was playing. Next day same problem just few hour later in game and stuck at windows logo in the middle of the boot. I got no other system. Went to a repair shop their said they could only try my gpu if i take apart my water cooling.

Chances are the card is bad, since you are using water cooling we are guessing that you had things overclocked, that can lead to earlier failure. Try resetting the BIOS to default by pulling the CMOS battery with the system unplugged. Hold in the power button for about 30 seconds to clear any power, then check the card again. Test card in another PCIe slot if you have a second one.

Jan 9, 2019
Wait, but how come the card work just fine with linux operating system? I haven’t overclocked the system yet. I just did a hard reset on the pc now it’s on win 8.1. Tomorrow morning first thing i will check your advice and thanks for the help!

You did not say that you tested it under Linux. It may be that it's not using the full driver setup so it's not hitting the failed part of the card. A bad card can run fine until the drivers are loaded. Code 43 can be a power issue or a physical issue with the video card.

Jan 9, 2019
As soon as i start with a clean windows 8.1 64 bit it boots up multiple times with no issues. But when i start downloading the drivers then it just won’t boot at all just get a black screen after the bios. Flushed the gpu bios already now and the device manager shows no sign for any error code after all.