how to update system without installing windows 10

la321

Honorable
Jun 14, 2012
i have a lenovo v570 windows 7 home premium. How do i install updates without installing windows 10? i have seen people say when updating and installing them that windows 10 is installed if its selected but there are only letters/numbers for windows 7 updates so it's hard to notice which one is for windows 10. so i want to update and install the updates i need. Thanks

USAFRet

Titan

Look at the list of Updates, and deselect Windows 10.

la321

Honorable
Jun 14, 2012

the updates do not list windows 10 all updates list update for windows 7 then have letters/numbers

USAFRet

Titan

Over the last year, every single time I updated one of my Win 7 or 8.1 machines, the Upgrade to Win 10 was listed as an individual line item, and able to be deselected. As in "Don't do that"
It may have been selected by default....but always unselectable.

Just like every other update to the OS.

la321

Honorable
Jun 14, 2012

I don't see that it only shows important and optional updates and in important updates in the windows 7 section it's worded update for windows 7 with the letters/numbers in parenthesis and optional section worded same. i don't see windows 10 listed to deselect. that's how updates have shown to appear for me like one of them has the (kb3035583) update listed but when clicking on it the description box that is supposed to let you know what the update is does not say that it is windows 10 and based on what i read online it is the windows 10 asking to update box that popup but i've been seeing that box for a while now without updating

TRENDING THREADS