Question How to update your bios version of MOBO

May 24, 2019
My fps has decreased in my games and i have read in other threads that updating bios version of motherboard could help. So my question is if someone could help me with updating it? My MOBO: GA-170x-gaming 3. Thank you

Lutfij

Titan
I'm not sure you should be updating the BIOS now to get more FPS. Have you tried working with uninstalling your GPU drivers with DDU and then reinstalling your GPU drivers with the latest off your manufacturer's support site?

For added measure, list yours specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

USAFRet

Titan
My fps has decreased in my games and i have read in other threads that updating bios version of motherboard could help. So my question is if someone could help me with updating it? My MOBO: GA-170x-gaming 3. Thank you
Wrong.
You only update the BIOS if there is a specific issue, and a newer BIOS version addresses that specific issue.

And you do it exactly how the motherboard manufacturer states. No exceptions.

May 24, 2019
I'm not sure you should be updating the BIOS now to get more FPS. Have you tried working with uninstalling your GPU drivers with DDU and then reinstalling your GPU drivers with the latest off your manufacturer's support site?

For added measure, list yours specs like so:
CPU: i5-6600k
Motherboard: Z170x gaming 3
Ram: 16GB
SSD/HDD: 500gb ssd
GPU: 1070ti
PSU: 550W
Chassis: basic

btw as i was searching for my mobo name it also says my bios version is too old. I couldn't add a screenshot(error)