[SOLVED] How to upgrade BIOS firmware to have UEFI boot option

Jan 17, 2021
I have an old Dell Studio XPS 435MT with BIOS version 1.1.4 release date Dec 21, 2009, Base Board product is 0R849J, Base Board version A03 and I just installed a V-NAND SSD 970 EVO NVMe M.2 mounted on a PCI adapter (MZHOU M.2 SSD M-Key NVME PCIe 3.0 x1 Low and Full Mount Card Adapter - Supports M.2 PCIe 2230, 2242, 2260 and 2280 )
Created a clone of my Windows 10 on this SSD. Up to here all went ok.

Now I want to make this SSD the primary boot device and I find out that my motherboard does not have UEFI boot option.

I do not want to change the mother board, but want to find a way to upgrade the BIOS firmware to allow it having UEFI boot option.

Had someone run into this issue and solved? Does anyone knows how to solve this issue?

Thanks

Solution
Simple answer - You can't.

That motherboard came out long before NVMe drives were a thing. It does not know how to boot from one. Especially in a PCIe adapter.
Jan 17, 2021
Unfortunately, no.

Likely it even lacks the basic instruction set to do this, no matter what hack BIOS you apply to it.
Do you know of any motherboard I can choose to replace this old one and reuse the rest of everything (cpu, ram, GPU, etc) and of course one with the UEFI option?

Jan 17, 2021
What do you use this system for?
For something that old, the difference between the 970 EVO and a good SATA III SSD is probably unnoticeable.
It is my old pc that it is sill working ok with w10. But it takes forever to boot. I wanted to make it a bit faster and found this ssd on sale. But forgot about the UEFI issue. If I can only replace the mb and keep the rest I might spend the $$

USAFRet

Titan
Also, the clone from your old drive is dragging along a bunch of old gunk.
Even if it worked (and it cannot), sub optimal.