How to upgrade explorer 2.1 to higher version ?

Hi,

I installed NT 4.0 workstation that came with internet
explorer 2.1. How do I upgrade to higher version of
explorer ?
Internet Explorer 6 requires service pack 6a, but with
explorer 2.1, it does not allow me to download service
pack 6a.

Seems nowhere for me to go. Please help.

Thanks,
Ming

Ming wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I installed NT 4.0 workstation that came with internet
> explorer 2.1. How do I upgrade to higher version of
> explorer ?
> Internet Explorer 6 requires service pack 6a, but with
> explorer 2.1, it does not allow me to download service
> pack 6a.
>
> Seems nowhere for me to go. Please help.
>
> Thanks,
> Ming

There are various ways of getting NT SP6a, including
ordering the cdrom, borrowing a cdrom containing SP6a
from a friendly tech or system administrator, or even
downloading SP6a into a computer with the capability
and extracting the packed file to a CD-R, and so on.
And there are other ways such as doing the Y2K update
for NT4 that updated the computer to SP4 and also IE4
and proceeding from that point. HTH. <:))