How to Upgrade My HP Pavilion 500-054 For Gaming

Oct 7, 2018
So I currently have an Hp Pavilion 500-054 and I'd like to upgrade it for gaming. From what I've read my best bet is to buy a the following upgrades.

APU- AMD a10-6800K
GPU- GTX 1050ti 4gb

I've already installed 20gb worth of RAM and have 7.54 Available. I'm not really all that great at hardware upgrades especially on a prebuilt like this. I'm using Windows 10 64 bit and cant play anything more then Fallout 4 on low settings. I'm trying to get my PC to run more games such as Kingdom Come Deliverance, and sniper ghost warrior 3 without issues on a decent graphic setting.

So far I've been told a GTX 1050ti would be great for my PC to play games like these on and I wont need to upgrade the power supply. As for the APU I've read a few places that the AMD a10-6800K will help me increase speeds and such.
I've found both the GPU and APU for relatively cheap online doing some looking for under $200 and just want further advice. I don't know if taking the next step of buying and installing these parts is my best option on a budget or if I'm missing something. Someone please assist me, thank you.

-Jacob

Oct 7, 2018
At that point I might as well buy a new PC tho, Is there no way to upgrade this one in its current build without all that? I mean Ill buy a new tower in the distant future but for now I want to be able to play some games on this one.
So im looking for my best available options.

Oct 7, 2018
Ya I just don't know much about hardware upgrades, So I don't know what upgrading the gpu and apu with those upgrades mentioned above would do exactly. I need to know if those would make my computer good enough to play games like Sniper ghost warrior 3 or any of the other games I want. I guess what im trying to say is I don't know if I buy those two upgrades if it will do what I need. In the suggestions ive read in other threads they say to get those parts. But they don't say what the parts will do exactly or how they will help to what extent. So basically its like im being told to do something and given a basic idea with no example to go off. I just need a more straight answer. Will the graphics card support such games on my pc like I want? Will the new APU help in a way that benefits me in this cause? Id be getting both for under $200. But will they do what I want? Im only using what came stock with the PC right now and I cant play either of the games I listed above because its so choppy by the time I turn my screen left or right I don't even know how much of a turn ive made until 4 seconds has gone by and the games catches up to the control inputs ive put in. I want it to play and work like it should. I don't need anything fancy or to be super proud of at the moment I just want to get by happily and play these games until I can buy a sizable case and start building something to be proud of.

So are there better upgrades I should go for? Will these upgrades do what I want? Or am I completely out of luck without buying a new computer?

TRENDING THREADS