Dec 19, 2022
i have Lenovo G580 20150 and Samsung NP270E5E.

i want to upgrade these laptops for my little nephews.
They will use laptops to watching videos, movies etc.

i dont have ideas about how i will upgrade them.
need some help here.
thx!

punkncat

Champion
Ambassador
Most likely, all you would be able to do with those is change out the HDD to SSD, if you haven't already, and possibly add more RAM.
There are a lot of similar models on the Lenovo, but I was seeing what looked like 2nd or 3rd get Intel CPU, and it looks like the Samsung is a 3rd gen i3?

I would probably consider loading W10 fresh on both of them. I would personally take some time to go through the machines OS and turn off/disable pretty much anything you can so far as background processes and items starting with Windows that don't hamper the desktop experience. Beyond that, I would create an Admin account to share with your brother/sister, and then create a standard user account for the nephews so they can't make system changes or install things (according to age, of course). Would probably run UAC up a notch as well. The 'rents might get tired of that after a while, so make sure to show them how to undo if they have the desire.

I would also create a backup just after the clean install and tune so that you can wipe and reinstall as is when they inevitable catch or download something that makes it "sick" (lol)