How to upgrade Windows 7 32-bit to Windows 7 64-bit?

diako77

Honorable
Jul 7, 2013
Hey! Well, I Have this computer that i spent days trying to get Windows 7 64 bit OS on, and it would always tell me that there was a "missing Driver" or something, I tried to put in Windows 7 32-bit and it instantly worked! The Problem is the computer is 64-bit compatible and I really want to upgrade to 64-bit.

Im sure this computer is Capable of running 64-bit

Heres The PC specs!
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz

Video Card: AMD Radeon HD 7700 Series

Please Help! I would Love If someone can skype my so that you can give step-by-step instructions on doing this.
Thanks!

Solution

What HDD type are you using and what MOBO ?? --- from the prompt it sounds like it needs the SATA driver for your SATA controller (should have been included with the MOBO or you may need to download it to a USB thumbdrive) -- You are at the point of the installation where it is trying to find your HDD and some MOBOs that are using seperate SATA drivers for...

What HDD type are you using and what MOBO ?? --- from the prompt it sounds like it needs the SATA driver for your SATA controller (should have been included with the MOBO or you may need to download it to a USB thumbdrive) -- You are at the point of the installation where it is trying to find your HDD and some MOBOs that are using seperate SATA drivers for the newer SATA III connectors do not load the drivers for those connections until after windows loads so you need to let the installer know where to locate the driver so it can be installed so the HDD can be found if connected to that connection ( another alternative if you do not have the driver is to put the HDD onto another connector (ie. a SATA II connector instead fo SATA III - as the driver for those is loaded by default and the installer can already see those connections)

SO at this point you either need to put the CD\DVD that came with your MOBO into the DVD drive and select the proper SATA driver for installation or change the connector that your HDD is connected to to one of the SATA II connectors instead of SATA III ( Your MOBO manual should list which SATA connectors are which and also should tell you what driver is needed for the SATA III connections )

Solution