How To Upgrade

Gomez852

Reputable
Aug 29, 2015
Hey guys i got this laptop with Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5500U CPU 2.40GHz. I want to change it to Intel Core 2 Quad CPU Q6600. Is there a possible way for this?? Please answer :(

Solution
That's better than the integrated graphics, I think you ought to be able to play GTA V, but you're probably going to have to run on low settings at a lower resolution to get decent performance.
You can't change the CPU out in that laptop, it is soldered onto the motherboard. Even if it wasn't the Q6600 is a desktop CPU, and a rather old one at that, odds are that i7 in your laptop is actually faster than the Q6600, even if it is an ultra low voltage model designed to save on power rather than high performance.

Gomez852

Reputable
Aug 29, 2015

Oh damn well the thing is I'm trying to play gta v and according to "canirunit.com" it says that my laptop is not good enough to run it. not even on low settings. Do you know about anything I can do?

I take it your laptop has no dedicated graphics card and you just have the Intel Integrated graphics. There really isn't anything you can do aside from buying a new computer. Most laptops do not allow for GPU upgrades, the ones that do are high end gaming laptops that already have a dedicated graphics card from AMD or Nvidia. You can try to run GTA V, but performance isn't likely to be good on Intel Integrated graphics.

Gomez852

Reputable
Aug 29, 2015

well i have nvidia geforce 840M with 2 gb dedicated vram could that help?

Gomez852

Reputable
Aug 29, 2015

Ohh well. Thanks a lot! I'll run it later on and I'll let you know :)