How to use 2gb dedicated graphics on my Amd Laptop

pradeep1987

Honorable
Sep 22, 2013
Hello Guys

First of all, please read fully and answer for each questions. It will clear my doubts.

I have a medium graphics laptop. It is amd a8 5550m processor with AMD Radeon HD 8550G and Amd Radeon hd 8570 2gb dedicated.

My question is I get low fps in many games. Only 15 fps on low settings.

When see the AMD Catalyst Control Center there is an option called dual graphics for added graphics performance.

When playing games, should i enable or disable dual graphics? If i enable also there is not any improvement in games fps.

When i disable the dual graphics, then which graphics will work? integrated or dedicated?

There is no bios option for graphics enabling or disabling.

I am getting low fps on this config. Also please comment on this laptop config

AMD A8 5550M 2.1 ghz turbo core to 3.1 Ghz
8GB RAM
1TB HDD
512MB Amd Radeon HD 8550G and 2 GB Dedicated AMD Radeon HD 8570.

Can this config play games on medium settings? please answer for all the questions

Solution
Provide more information. What games are you trying to play that have 15 fps, and at what resolution are you playing them?

The graphics subsystem in that machine is not going to be able to play current AAA games at 1920x1080 on high settings.

Also, dual graphics is not working entirely correctly yet. Dual graphics allows an APU's graphics subsystem to work with a dedicated card. It is a pseudo-crossfire setup. When AMD does get it working right, you'll want to enable it for gaming.
Provide more information. What games are you trying to play that have 15 fps, and at what resolution are you playing them?

The graphics subsystem in that machine is not going to be able to play current AAA games at 1920x1080 on high settings.

Also, dual graphics is not working entirely correctly yet. Dual graphics allows an APU's graphics subsystem to work with a dedicated card. It is a pseudo-crossfire setup. When AMD does get it working right, you'll want to enable it for gaming.

Solution

pradeep1987

Honorable
Sep 22, 2013
I tried with Far cry 3, resolution is 1280 x 720 and other settings are low. i get 15 fps to 20. There is a stuttering also.

L.A Noire also 15 fps, very unplayable. tomb raider is 20 fps. everything is 1280x 720 but other settings are low.

if i disable dual graphics then which graphics will work? integrated or dedicated?

When dual graphics is disabled, the video load goes to the APU only. When enabled, both the APU and discrete card work in tandem (In theory. Like I already said, dual graphics isn't working correctly yet).

Far cry 3 is a very demanding game, I'm not surprised at that framerate on that graphics solution.

What version of catalyst are you running? There have been some improvements to dual graphics in later drivers, though it still doesn't scale as well as true crossfire.

pradeep1987

Honorable
Sep 22, 2013

You are telling that Far cry 3 is a demanding game, but my friend is having intel pentium b950 laptop with intel hd graphics, 2 gb ram . He is playing in lowest settings with 800x600 resolution with no problems. how?

I am using 13.10 beta 2 driver which i downloaded from amd website .

Ejaz Hameed

Honorable
Jan 22, 2014
Even i have the same problem, im using hp 2201 ax amd a8 apu processor laptop with dual graphics 7640g+7600m, but wen irun system configurations like canyourunit.com, it shows my vram is 1gb, but it is suppose to show 1.5gb, how can i resolve this issue, im using windows 8 which came with laptop,

MagnusDanielsen

Reputable
May 19, 2014
Okay.First you need to get your facts straight before any of us are able to help you. You will have to read more about hardware an integrated graphic card does not have any memory. And the dedicated does not have 2gb of dedicated ram (only 1gb) please do a lot more research yourself before posting.