[SOLVED] How to use a can of compressed air on my keyboard?

ProPlayerGR

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2016
Hello guys. I bought a can of compressed air to clean my keyboard which is the corsair k68 rgb, but I don't know how I should use it. Should I spray it above the keys, between them or something else? Thanks in advance.

Solution
Open the can with a can-opener (manual, not automatic, if possible) and deploy the content all over the keyboard. Then scream CLEAN, CLEAN, CLEAN and you're done.

Ok, sorry, fun stops now. You shouldn't use a can of compressed air as it can condense in switches mecanism or just push the dirt between the keys into them, it is preferable to use a vacuum. If you want an extra clean keyboard, you should use a keycap puller to remove the keys properly and then use the vacuum again, and cotton swabs.

There's a gret guide here:

Phazoner

Distinguished
Open the can with a can-opener (manual, not automatic, if possible) and deploy the content all over the keyboard. Then scream CLEAN, CLEAN, CLEAN and you're done.

Ok, sorry, fun stops now. You shouldn't use a can of compressed air as it can condense in switches mecanism or just push the dirt between the keys into them, it is preferable to use a vacuum. If you want an extra clean keyboard, you should use a keycap puller to remove the keys properly and then use the vacuum again, and cotton swabs.

There's a gret guide here:

Solution
Get a soft brush, wrap some duct tape around the bottom so bristles don't fall out easily, get a $1 cheap water push gun. Take off the keys use the water gun as an air compressor to blow stuff out, brush out left over stuff.

This type of water cannon but you can find it cheaper. I found some in WalMart and Dollar Store for really cheap https://www.amazon.com/yizi-Water-S...&pf_rd_p=3a8d8247-386e-5bb9-9628-40f5eb04eb46 No compression material, just pushes out air I use those two things for cleaning everything, fans, laptops, keyboards, etc..

Wipe the keys off with some paper towels or a bit dried out wipe to clean germs off.