papasmurf211

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2007
Alright i need to flash my bios back to a previous version. I currently have an Asus Maximus Formula motherboard. Ive tried EZflash and the windows flash utility and neither one will let me flash my bios back to an OLDER version. Ive made an ms dos startup disk and copied the AFUDOS flash utlity to the disk but the asus bios files are to big for floppies! The bios 802 is 2,000kb. How do i flash my bios from a floppy when the bios files are so big?

Zorg

Splendid
May 31, 2004
You don't have to put the BIOS flash files on the same disk as the boot disk. Boot to one disk and then swap to the second disk to flash the BIOS. The flash files should fit on one floppy.

sandsturm

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2008
a floppy disk has a size of 1.44Mb! Afudos has 2Mb and the Bios itselfs has also 2Mb, how should this work??? I'm a bit confused?

tcsenter

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2008
You're not going to get it on a floppy. You could use USB flash drive, recordable CD, or create a small FAT partition on a HDD connected to the chipset-integrated IDE controller or SATA controller configured in IDE compatibility mode.

Besides, AFUDOS is not necessarily going to let you flash to an older version, either. AFUDOS has the same feature to prevent BIOS down-versioning, even when using switches to bypass it. From the discussions I've seen on ASUS Forums, you'll probably need to use a much older version of AFUDOS.

sandsturm

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2008
thanks for your fast answer, i tried also in the EZflash menu in the bios. There I just see the drive letters, but they where empty, I can't see the *.rom files regardeless of which medium I tried (CD,fat disk or USB Device), I don't know what I'm doing wrong....