How to use fans on GPU

Sep 11, 2018
I have a ASUS ROG Strix GeForce GTX 1080, I bought it because it had three fans so i thought it would help cool well i just finished building my first pc like 4 days ago and noticed they did not turn on so i wanted to know if someone can tell me how to turn them on

Solution
the thing with certain cards is they won't turn on until the temp hits a certain point like 60c. if you want to crank them on you can download MSI afterburner and just turn up fan slider and hit apply. you can also monitor temps and in-game FPS with that application. you should worry about it unless your GPU is hitting some crazy temps
the thing with certain cards is they won't turn on until the temp hits a certain point like 60c. if you want to crank them on you can download MSI afterburner and just turn up fan slider and hit apply. you can also monitor temps and in-game FPS with that application. you should worry about it unless your GPU is hitting some crazy temps

Solution
The GPU is designed to run 'silent', and the fans don't kick in until the temperature gets fairly warm.
Run software like HWInfo (free) to monitor the temperatures, and see if they are acceptable. You can also use software like EVGA Precision X to set up your own fan curve and control the rpm's yourself.

Sep 11, 2018

thanks ill try the app you recommended and i know i just want them to be on low if possible just keep them bellow 55 when with work load