[SOLVED] How to use mobile data while having cable ethernet

bld939

Honorable
Dec 16, 2017
I want to try streaming and I can't have good upload speed for reasonable price but I have a phone with 4g speed that I want to use for that
I wanted to know if there's a way to use both networks at the same time, that's because ethernets ping is a lot lower then the 4gs, but upload speed is a lot better.
I also have a laptop, is there a way to use it for streaming the pc somehow?

Solution
You need a capture card for you laptop. You plug an HDMI cable coming from your video card into this box, then plug another hdmi cable from this to your monitor. A USB cable then plugs into your laptop. This will capture the output of you video card: https://www.elgato.com/en/gaming/game-capture-hd60-s

How fast is you upload speed? 3mbps, 6mbps, 10mbps??

Games don't require much bandwidth, but if you fully saturate your upload with streaming, you can get lots of lag and packet drops. A good router with QOS/SQM using an FQ_Codel algorithm can solve your issues. Just set your stream upload to about 80% of you max upload speed and the FQ_Codel will make sure your game packets are always first, ahead of the stream packets.
Yes but it is messy.

Depends how you get data from the cell. You can use either wifi hotspot or tether.

The key command to learn is ROUTE.

First do ROUTE PRINT

Next use ROUTE DELETE to get rid of the 0.0.0.0 entry for the connection you DO NOT want to be your primary default connection. Be sure to note the ip gateway.

Now put in ROUTE ADD commands for each ip you want to use this secondary connection.

You need a capture card for you laptop. You plug an HDMI cable coming from your video card into this box, then plug another hdmi cable from this to your monitor. A USB cable then plugs into your laptop. This will capture the output of you video card: https://www.elgato.com/en/gaming/game-capture-hd60-s

How fast is you upload speed? 3mbps, 6mbps, 10mbps??

Games don't require much bandwidth, but if you fully saturate your upload with streaming, you can get lots of lag and packet drops. A good router with QOS/SQM using an FQ_Codel algorithm can solve your issues. Just set your stream upload to about 80% of you max upload speed and the FQ_Codel will make sure your game packets are always first, ahead of the stream packets.

Solution