[SOLVED] How to use my PC with my TV when the line of sight from my desk to TV is blocked?

Feb 10, 2021
I'm both a PC and console gamer. I love the graphics of PC with the comfort of the couch.
Problem is, the layout here at my place is kind of wonky.
As you can see, I can easily run an HDMI from my PC to my TV. But the line of view is completely blocked.
Technically, I could use windows to mirror the display... but when I open up a game, won't that run mirrored as well? And won't that double-render the game (tanking performance)?
I've also tried opening up the game in mirrored and switching back to Display 2 (my TV), but other issues arise, such as not recognizing 4k display or the display itself looking weird.
Any tips? Thank you.

Solution
What are you actually trying to do here? To sit at the couch and use the computer with the TV as the monitor?

Just get a wireless mouse and keyboard or a USB extender for wired. When you use duplicate screen the screens will end up being the same resolution and ratio which is probably why you think it looks weird. What you can do is just make the TV the main screen and run the game in that. If you want to try to run the screens mirrored, just do it and see if it has any effect on the games, not hard to test it out, you already have everything there.
What are you actually trying to do here? To sit at the couch and use the computer with the TV as the monitor?

Just get a wireless mouse and keyboard or a USB extender for wired. When you use duplicate screen the screens will end up being the same resolution and ratio which is probably why you think it looks weird. What you can do is just make the TV the main screen and run the game in that. If you want to try to run the screens mirrored, just do it and see if it has any effect on the games, not hard to test it out, you already have everything there.

Solution
Feb 10, 2021

Followed your advice and it worked as best as it could. Not as seamless as a console, but I'd probably be asking too much then. lol

Thanks for your help!

TRENDING THREADS