How to use my skills to make money?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tomh2234

Honorable
Mar 14, 2013
I have been unemployed for a few months now but have been working in a warehouse because its good enough money to get by.

However I have numerous computing skills and all my interests and hobbies are pc based. I was hoping someone could give me some ideas on how I can start working online, blogs, videos, software, websites anything i just need help on where to start..

Thanks Tom

Solution
A+ is a good cert for repair work. There are also a pile of networking certs out there. Community colleges and adult continuing education programs offer these classes for reasonable fees.

tomh2234

Honorable
Mar 14, 2013

Thats the problem i've been working warehousing for 5 years so i never got qualified for anything else. I think I'm smart enough to do just about anything to be honest with you.

I've been building PC's for friends and family for years now and I do all there repairs for them, installing new OS, new HHD, I run my own little video studio here and designs for a small fee ofcourse, but its not enough and without any qualifications and no computer store hires a drop out these days.

tomh2234

Honorable
Mar 14, 2013
Yeah I guess so, not sure where to even start with those courses theres so many to choose from.
I've looked over the years but i've never had the time to do anything until now

COLGeek

Cybernaut
A+ is a good cert for repair work. There are also a pile of networking certs out there. Community colleges and adult continuing education programs offer these classes for reasonable fees.

Solution

tomh2234

Honorable
Mar 14, 2013
Do you know how the vouchers work for the exams?

All the training programs are very expensive and I believe im able to study enough at home for free and then take the test. What do you advise?

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Depending on where you live, you might be able to take the training and the test for almost nothing. Community colleges, adult continuing education programs, and others often offer cost reduced (or free) programs for unemployed/under-employed folks.

Stand by for a PM.

Status
Not open for further replies.