Question how to use only graphics card display/HDMI

jclev12

Honorable
Nov 2, 2014
so i bought a new rig overclock bundle which is asus rog strix z490-f intel 10700k

and already had a geforce windforce 970. however on the motherboard has a hdmi but i cannot use only the GPU HDMI if i unplug the HDMI from the motherboard and restart with it connected with the GPU there is no signal. the only way i get signal from the GPU is having 2 HDMI connected to the same monitor and having it only display my HDMI GPU. i tried to do some digging before coming here. this is what i tried. going into bios to try and disable hdmi on MOBO .. no options for that.

tried deleting screen 1 no otions also.

tried going into nvidia control panel. not much help there. so im out of solutions any ideas as i dont/shouldnt need 2 HDMI going in my pc any help with this

Desch_

Reputable
Apr 29, 2016
i would try getting a display port cable if your monitor supports it. also id probably get the newest drivers available for your GPU and Motherboard to eliminate any known problems that may exist and have already been patched.

jclev12

Honorable
Nov 2, 2014
i would try getting a display port cable if your monitor supports it. also id probably get the newest drivers available for your GPU and Motherboard to eliminate any known problems that may exist and have already been patched.

I also looked into the driver updates both on the board and GPU they are all up to date. Only other thing I looked at today was to maybe uninstall the intel on board graphics driver. But that might leave me with a bigger problem

jclev12

Honorable
Nov 2, 2014
In BIOS Advanced Mode
Advanced\System Agent Configuration\Graphics Configuration

Set
Primary Display - to PEG/PCIE​
IGPU Multi-Monitor - to disabled.​

After this:
turn off your pc,​
connect monitor to graphics card,​
start your pc.​
Done that in the bios and it just uses the cpu graphics even when I change it in bios. I go back into bios and it changed again