How to use PS3 Wireless Controller on PC?

Exodias3219

Reputable
Jun 30, 2016

ZeroRequiem

Honorable
Feb 1, 2014
Im using a PS3 Sixaxis controller with my PC on a daily basis but im using it with a cable. If you dont have a built in bluetooth adapter you gonna need one first. You just have to plug it in one of the USB slots and it will work. Price varies but should be expensive.

Now you have to pick a software for your controller. I use the DS3 tool cuz thats working for me and SCP doesn't. DS3 Tool also allows me to remap button as well as change controller type (i use x360 setting for Steam games, and PS2 controller for PS2/PSP emulator).

It may seem cheaper to use a PS3 controller at first, but having to also buy a blue tooth dongle, and then deal with getting it all setup is far more of a hassle than it's worth when you can far more easily get an xbox one controller and a wireless adapter:
https://www.amazon.com/Microsoft-Xbox-Controller-Wireless-Adapter-Windows/dp/B015IX3X3E

And I also have a PS3 controller I've regularly used on my PC, but the Xbox One controller was so much less hassle to get working and is the least likely to cause a problem.

Jach

Reputable
Jan 30, 2016

I can not suggest using that software. If you have a wireless mouse it might very well cut your wireless connection, even after uninstall.