Question How to use the mic for my earphone on my PC?

kanyegibbs

Prominent
Aug 8, 2019
Hello all,

I have a 3.5mm headphone splitter (2 male to female) which I plug into the mic and audio ports on my PC. However, the microphone recording quality is significantly reduced when I connect with my splitter. Is this a problem with my splitter or is this just meant to happen when using a headphone splitter? I use a $9 one from amazon but all the splitters are around $10 so not sure if it has to do with mine being of bad quality.

What other options do I have so that I can use the microphone on my earphones with good quality?. I don't have any room on my desk to place those blue yeti type standing microphones.

Thanks!

hang-the-9

Titan
Could be an issue with the splitter, but you said the recording quality is reduced with the splitter. Which implies you can use it without the splitter to compare the quality, so just use it that way. Unless you are recording on different devices in that case the recording quality may be the mic inputs levels are different, or it's the recording software and hardware being used that is the issue.

You can get a cheap mount for a mic also so it's not sitting on the desk, or get a smaller mic https://www.amazon.com/Microphone-Condenser-Indicator-Gooseneck-Recording/dp/B07YJGLKQS/ref=psdc_3015406011_t1_B00009EHJV?th=1

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS