[SOLVED] How to use USB ports available in LCD monitor?

Aashirg

Honorable
Feb 4, 2016
I have a Dell LCD monitor. It has some USB ports and I dont know how they will work. Please guide me how to use these ports for connecting USB sticks etc?. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Solution
Dell website for info as atrocious as ever....

I'd guess it'll need one of those square shaped USB connector to go into the monitor for the hub to work (saw mention of type A). Normal USB connector to PC's USB port.

Aashirg

Honorable
Feb 4, 2016
Usually those act like a USB hub. As we don't know anything about this monitor apart from its brand, you'd likely need some sort of USB cable to connect it to your PC to use the USB ports on the monitor itself.
I used a USB cable (which is also can be used for connecting the printer to PC) to connect the LCD monitor to PC but nothing happened and those ports did not worked. There is also a power input in the LCD also. Do this power source has any thing to do with USB ports to work? and sorry, its a Dell LCD monitor not HP.

I used a USB cable (which is also can be used for connecting the printer to PC) to connect the LCD monitor to PC but nothing happened and those ports did not worked. There is also a power input in the LCD also. Do this power source has any thing to do with USB ports to work? and sorry, its a Dell LCD monitor not HP.
The monitor needs to be connected to power for anything to work