How to use Xbox and pc on the same monitor

Mo1st Seabearz

Commendable
Jan 31, 2017
I have a monitor with a display port, hdmi port, and dvi port. I want to be able to game on my pc and Xbox on that monitor. What needs to be plugged in and where?

Solution
The Xbox will have an HDMI port. You can use that to connect to the monitor using an HDMI cable. The PC will generally have HDMI and DVI and DP depending on the motherboard/graphics card. If you want to connect them simultaneously, you could use the HDMI for Xbox and DVI/DP on the PC and switch the inputs manually as and when needed.

Do provide the exact version of Xbox (360 or One or One S or One X) and the motherboard/graphics card. That would help in giving you an exact answer based on the product you own.

Dugimodo

Distinguished
You can either connect the PC and the Xbox each to one of the inputs, using an adapter if necessary, and then use the monitors controls to switch between them or you can get an HDMI switch and use it to select which input to use, they are fairly cheap.

gaurav71189

Honorable
Dec 26, 2014
The Xbox will have an HDMI port. You can use that to connect to the monitor using an HDMI cable. The PC will generally have HDMI and DVI and DP depending on the motherboard/graphics card. If you want to connect them simultaneously, you could use the HDMI for Xbox and DVI/DP on the PC and switch the inputs manually as and when needed.

Do provide the exact version of Xbox (360 or One or One S or One X) and the motherboard/graphics card. That would help in giving you an exact answer based on the product you own.

Solution
Dec 12, 2018
I'm having an issue connecting my xbox with HDMI and my PC with DP at the same time to my MSI Monitor. I can't get the xbox to work on the monitor. The PC works fine. How can I switch back and forth?

kidprodigy

Prominent
Oct 3, 2018
Your monitor should have buttons usually on the lower right corner of the screen that allows you to swap inputs. Hit whichever button is for Input (or Menu then navigate to input) then switch to HDMI source.