[SOLVED] How to view the locked external hard drive partition on mac?

Aug 16, 2020
Hi,

i have a sony external HD. One of the partition i have in an encrypted format and with password protection manager, i'm unlocking the drive in Windows. Now, i have a macbook as well. But the encrypted drive isn't visible in mac. Also, the password protection manager is not available for mac OS. Any idea on how to view and unlock the encrypted drive in mac OS?

Thanks in advance

Solution
Hi,

i have a sony external HD. One of the partition i have in an encrypted format and with password protection manager, i'm unlocking the drive in Windows. Now, i have a macbook as well. But the encrypted drive isn't visible in mac. Also, the password protection manager is not available for mac OS. Any idea on how to view and unlock the encrypted drive in mac OS?

Thanks in advance
Unlock and disable password protection on the PC, then see if it is visible on the MAC (? exFAT, or are you just looking at NTFS files). If you want to keep it locked and use it on both you will need to attempt to find a program that works on both.

RealBeast

Titan
Hi,

Thanks in advance
Unlock and disable password protection on the PC, then see if it is visible on the MAC (? exFAT, or are you just looking at NTFS files). If you want to keep it locked and use it on both you will need to attempt to find a program that works on both.

Solution