How to wake from sleep, or change way to wake up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Juanchioo

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2010
Hi, today my desktop went to sleep mode, and i had problems waking it up, i didnt know how to do it.
Whats the default way to do this in a desktop pc?

And even better if its possible, i would like to be able to wake pc by mouse clicking, is there any posible way to do this?

Thank you!

Solution
There must be a BIOS setting with that option... checking the PDF manual for your motherboard may provide that information. What is your motherboard brand and model?

Also look in the Windows Device Manager > Mouse Properties > Power Management > check the box on "Allow this device to activate/wake the computer".. this setting may influence the BIOS setting. Try it and report the results.

In the Windows Power Options, disable Hibernation so it doesn't go from Sleep to Hibernation. It should also have a Hibrid Sleep which is supposed to allow session data to both RAM and HDD (Sleep saves to RAM and Hibernation saves to HDD), and Hibrid Sleep is supposed to wake up as fast as Sleep, but the actual results may depend on the...

Juanchioo

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2010

i dont want hibernation, since i have an ssd and i read thats bad for them,

ill look at the bios, and will upgrade if i found something

update: there was no option in the bios like that

There must be a BIOS setting with that option... checking the PDF manual for your motherboard may provide that information. What is your motherboard brand and model?

Also look in the Windows Device Manager > Mouse Properties > Power Management > check the box on "Allow this device to activate/wake the computer".. this setting may influence the BIOS setting. Try it and report the results.

In the Windows Power Options, disable Hibernation so it doesn't go from Sleep to Hibernation. It should also have a Hibrid Sleep which is supposed to allow session data to both RAM and HDD (Sleep saves to RAM and Hibernation saves to HDD), and Hibrid Sleep is supposed to wake up as fast as Sleep, but the actual results may depend on the Motherboard. You'll have to test the results.

Solution

Juanchioo

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2010

looks like i was wrong, the pc does wake up with the mouse click, the thing that doesnt work is the monitor, when i mouse click, fans start spinning, etc, but monitor stays black

i just turned off hybrid sleep because i read that is also not very good for your ssd

oh and my motherboard is asus p8z68v pro/gen3

EDIT: looks like monitor isnt working either when i restart

looks like it wasnt a problem with sleep, ill make another thread with the specific problem

Status
Not open for further replies.