how to watch and search youtube videos on my TOSHIBA 40 INCH TV

sosolola

Reputable
Nov 1, 2014
wihout the need of a computer or leave the computer on ?

I don't want to buy a smart tv as it is very expensive here

my 40 inch tv has usb port hdmi port and pc port

Solution
If you want a wireless solution a chrome cast might be your best option (£30). You can cast chrome to your tv. Your still going to need to use your laptop / pc to control whats on screen. But there are lots of wireless keyboards/track pads on the market that fill this gap.

A Raspberry Pi could be used to make a tv smart

But if you cant buy any new peripherals a hdmi cable is your only real option.

Mr Hat

Reputable
Nov 30, 2015
Just connect a laptop or desktop with a HDMI cable, put your TV on the right source (keep pressing the "source" or "src" button on your TV remote until you get signal), and the TV should mirror your PC screen. It's not gonna work without a PC.

ezzy_s

Honorable
Sep 1, 2014
If you want a wireless solution a chrome cast might be your best option (£30). You can cast chrome to your tv. Your still going to need to use your laptop / pc to control whats on screen. But there are lots of wireless keyboards/track pads on the market that fill this gap.

A Raspberry Pi could be used to make a tv smart

But if you cant buy any new peripherals a hdmi cable is your only real option.

Solution

sosolola

Reputable
Nov 1, 2014

what about apple tv ?
do I need to leave my computer on with it ?

sosolola

Reputable
Nov 1, 2014

does apple tv need my computer to be on ?

ezzy_s

Honorable
Sep 1, 2014

Yes it has a youtube app and simply needs to be connected to the internet. Your pc doesnt need to be on.

Mr Hat

Reputable
Nov 30, 2015

Sorry, but I cannot help you with that, I don't know anything about Apple TV, but I suspect you do not need a PC for that.