[SOLVED] How to wifi boost a bad situated modem?

Jeff_120

Honorable
Dec 11, 2016
Hello
Today they finally installed the fiber modem (nokia) in my home, unfortunately the place they chose to install the modem is in a closet, though in the middle between the living room and the bedrooms, there are 3 to 4 concrete walls till my desktop PC to which I plugged an entry level Tenda router, it's saying the signal level is 32%, once "repeated" the connection is very slow on the tenda, I don't even know if the tenda is faulty or not now. Anyway what is the best solution to boost the nokia fiber modem?
Should I buy a dual band router even though the nokia is single band? Should I buy a fancy 4 to 8 antennas router? Should I buy a high power router like the tplink TL-WR941?
Should I install the new router directly to the nokia modem by cable or in the bedrooms?
Sorry I am lost

Solution
Hello
Today they finally installed the fiber modem (nokia) in my home, unfortunately the place they chose to install the modem is in a closet, though in the middle between the living room and the bedrooms, there are 3 to 4 concrete walls till my desktop PC to which I plugged an entry level Tenda router, it's saying the signal level is 32%, once "repeated" the connection is very slow on the tenda, I don't even know if the tenda is faulty or not now. Anyway what is the best solution to boost the nokia fiber modem?
Should I buy a dual band router even though the nokia is single band? Should I buy a fancy 4 to 8 antennas router? Should I buy a high power router like the tplink TL-WR941?
Should I install the new router directly...

kanewolf

Titan
Hello
Should I install the new router directly to the nokia modem by cable or in the bedrooms?
Sorry I am lost
If running cable is an option, that is what you should do. Then use that ethernet cable rather than WIFI.

Solution