[SOLVED] How to you guys set the voltage on bios auto vs offset?

Oct 4, 2019
If you not set the voltage to manual do you set it to auto or offset ( with + or - values)?
I have 3900x and Asus Rog strix x570-f,
I notes that offset -0.1 voltage I get a bit higher score in ciniebench r20 (about 120p more) but I read somewhere that we should not under voltage T
I am in 1404 update I manage to update via internet in bios and I got the latest as it's not available yet on web.
Another question here Which monitor to belive more Razen Master or HWInfo 64 as Rayzen show a bit higher voltage!!

Solution
Undervolting can not harm the processor so I'd definitely go with what gives you the better CB20 score.

The reason they say not to undervolt is at a point the processor will get into a state called 'clock compression' and it will under-perform even though the clock speed still seems fast. So only undervolt it as far as those CB20 scores hold up.

It may be AMD's own utility but it really is a bit flakey with clock speed and voltage readouts I think it's doing some kind of weighted averaging nobody's been able to figure out. I suggest using HWInfo64 but look at the (SVI2/TFN) voltage reading since it's the actual core voltage the processor reports out in telemetry.
Undervolting can not harm the processor so I'd definitely go with what gives you the better CB20 score.

The reason they say not to undervolt is at a point the processor will get into a state called 'clock compression' and it will under-perform even though the clock speed still seems fast. So only undervolt it as far as those CB20 scores hold up.

It may be AMD's own utility but it really is a bit flakey with clock speed and voltage readouts I think it's doing some kind of weighted averaging nobody's been able to figure out. I suggest using HWInfo64 but look at the (SVI2/TFN) voltage reading since it's the actual core voltage the processor reports out in telemetry.

Last edited:
Reactions: MoSaber
Solution
Oct 4, 2019

Thank you for your replay, actually this is what I wanted to hear that under voltage does not really harm the CPU at the long run, and yes I found with this CPU after a lot experimentation that it's preform the best (aside from manual OC at fixed volts and clocks) with -0.1 volt less or above I get less score in CB20 and this is for everyday performance

TRENDING THREADS