How unlucky am i?, probably the baddest luck!

PedramCarter

Honorable
Dec 8, 2013
bought a top spec gaming comp (ordered the parts online seperately, so i put it together to play for christmas over my semester term (1month off from university), wasn't getting signal on the screen, turns out my motherboard and R9 290X graphics card were faulty/dead, they worked (fan spins on graphics, (current goes through motherboard, but no signal, got to wait 1month now for replacement/repair.

What is your full system specs ? And don't forget to mention about the PSU's make/model.

For the time being you can check your MB : Take out all RAM sticks and start the PC, if the MB is beeping, then its probably ok, else its dead.

You can test the GPU on another system, or try another GPU in your system, see if you can get display.

If the MB is ok, and it has onboard graphics, then connect the monitor to your MB and update BIOS. Then try your GPU, see what happens.

PedramCarter

Honorable
Dec 8, 2013

Indeed I did, I even hired a technician to carry out a diagnostic check, turns out neither my motherboard or graphics card were giving responses or any signal, they were good as a headless chicken (turned on fan spin, lights on) but nothing, he tried various test, such as resting CMOS, attempting new graphics card on the mobo, attempting a different mobo on the graphics card, at some point the graphics card almost killed the technicians mobo too, after installing it graphics card, his motherboard ended up dead too, wouldn't give any signal.

PedramCarter

Honorable
Dec 8, 2013

Vantage Midi ATX PC Gaming Tower

(The cooling system is developed for cooling throughout
4 x Built-in 12cm Fans (3 x Blue LED) will keep your components cool
Water Cooling Ready *not included* )
Processor (CPU)
AMD FX-8350 4.0GHz Socket AM3+ Octo Core

Motherboard
ASUS® M5A97 R2.0 (DDR3, USB3.0, 6Gb/s)

Memory (RAM)
8GB Ripjaws 2100MHZ (2 x 4GB)

Graphics Card
4GB AMD RADEON™ R9 290X - DVI, HDMI, DP - DX® 11, Eyefinity 4 Capable
(battlefield 4 edition, free bf4 included)

Memory - 1st Hard Disk
1TB 3.5" SATA-III 6GB/s HDD 7200RPM 32MB CACHE

1st DVD/BLU-RAY Drive
24x DUAL LAYER DVD WRITER ±R/±RW/RAM

Power Supply
XFX 650W PRO650W Core Edition.

Processor Cooling
STANDARD AMD CPU COOLER

Sound Card
ONBOARD 8 CHANNEL (7.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)

Wireless/Wired Networking
10/100/1000 GIGABIT LAN PORT - AS STANDARD ON ALL PCs

USB Options
MIN. 2 x USB 3.0 & 4 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL + MIN. 2 FRONT PORTS

MC_K7

Distinguished
Sorry I misread your original post, I thought only the card was dead. As you said it yourself it would be very unlucky to get two defective components at the same time. It's probably the card that fried the motherboard, since it fried the tech motherboard too.

TRENDING THREADS