[SOLVED] [HOW] Want to fresh install windows 10 on a new SSD all while factory resetting my HD

Jul 24, 2019
So i just got a new 500 GB SSD and i want to just delete everything from the HD and get a new fresh windows 10 install on my SSD
I had an idea to install windows media creation tool on an usb and then unplug my HD from my motherboard and boot up the pc using my new ssd so i could go into BIOS and install windows thanks to my usb.. Then i would turn off my pc and plug back my HD, however this dosent factory reset my HD, i dont think

Solution
I had an idea to install windows media creation tool on an usb and then unplug my HD from my motherboard and boot up the pc using my new ssd so i could go into BIOS and install windows thanks to my usb.. Then i would turn off my pc and plug back my HD
Yes, do that.
Afterwards use Windows Disk Management to clean your HDD, repartition and reformat it.
I had an idea to install windows media creation tool on an usb and then unplug my HD from my motherboard and boot up the pc using my new ssd so i could go into BIOS and install windows thanks to my usb.. Then i would turn off my pc and plug back my HD
Yes, do that.
Afterwards use Windows Disk Management to clean your HDD, repartition and reformat it.

Reactions: Phillip Corcoran
Solution