How Well Does The Elder Scrolls Online Run On Your PC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

templarklimek

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2011
I'm running it at 4K and in ultra it's very smooth with an I7 and titan black. Having said that I don't plan on staying a subscriber. They got my 80.00 bucks to start and that's it. I can't get over the subpar graphics although I realize it's an MMO and can't have the best graphics going for it. Nor does it have the attention to detail, depth, and immersive ness that I expect in an elder scrolls title. I've gone back to skyrim and all the mods. Skyrim at 4k is a work of art. The MMO seem faked with monsters just keep respawning out of thin air and no real meaning or placement in the world around you. Again I understand it's a MMO and not a detailed single player game. What worries me is how will this affect the Elder Scrolls single player? Are they gonna blow that off?.. ;(

SchizoFrog

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2009
I played during the final open BETA test and that was enough for me to decide this wasn't for me... and I was gutted by that decision.Any populated area is complete chaos with people, horses and more just spawning out of nowhere all around you. The only way not to get annoyed and distracted is to blank out most of what is going on around you which is a complete contradiction from what is supposed to be an immersive MMO.More than that though is that I found the intro sparse and almost none existent, I felt lost and had no real idea of where I should go, what I should do whren I got there nor why I should do any of it.As for the graphics, it looked good but nothing to blow me away and certainly there was nothing that I felt was better than Skyrim on the same rig, even without Skyrim's mods running. I just want to also add what this article doesn't cover in that your personal PC hardware may well run the game very smoothly but as with any other online game, it's smoothness is more down to the internet connection of yourself and those you choose to game with. From my experience, a fibre connection is an absolute must for smooth gameplay.

jankeke

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2011
How is the user interface on this ? Is it as bad as in Skyrim ?I am wondering if I should try this game but if the interface is "console-like", it would certainly speak against it.

Drejeck

Honorable
Sep 12, 2013
played this game in the beta invitational. it sucks bad just because it changes the gameplay to the boring, old fashion, 1 2 3 4 key skill/spell. i've quit wow because of that, even D3 and GW2 failed at that. The only games I liked nowadays for the combat system are Tera and Neverwinter. TES is nice because you play it like an FPS, and with the gamepad was really nice. just because of this I can judge it a total fail. I've played 3 hours before removing the game. is something changed meanwhile? i want it more action. like a Reckoning Online. no ones roleplays online anymore, the DAoC era is gone.

Zombie615

Honorable
Feb 9, 2014
I watch some people play this live on twitch an being a fan ever since Morrowind I have to say I'm not that impressed or interested. There is a part of me that wants to give it a try but there is a bigger part of me saying don't fall for this money pit. $15 a month isn't really the issue speaking of money... it's just the fact that it cost something every month in general. I love the elder scrolls series but I've never been a fan of MMORPG. It takes too much dedication to feel accomplished in a game of this genre an with that said it takes away from the instant gratification I got playing the other games in this series.It should have just been a multiplayer release an not an actual MMORPG. Like just a single player storyline type of thing but with the option to let a group of friends join you. Kind of like Diablo 3 or Dead Island I guess you could say.The PVP idea IMO is trash. A duel arena against other people using your character from your current campaign would had sufficed. Though there is nothing I can say that will change anything so there you have it Zenimax.... You lost another faithful fan on this title. Hopefully you will announce a fallout 4 (offline) title soon or your next Single Player Elder Scrolls title. If not you can count me out forever.

ferooxidan

Honorable
Apr 15, 2013
I'm thinking that this could be very good actually, IF they did it like Torchlight 2 or D2. The ability to play OFFLINE or with your selected friends on LAN and, when you wanted to, go online to participate in war, event, hanging out w/ stranger or something. Double the initial price or whatever, but with those feature I mention, "Shut up and take my money!". If it stays like this, I'll never touch it.

jkr

Reputable
Apr 4, 2014
Im running this on the A10-7850K APU using integrated graphics with 8 gigs of dual channel ram on high with no problem

Plusthinking Iq

Honorable
Sep 11, 2013
many thing odd and wrong in this article, gpu test has no 780 vs the 290x, and more people run high hz monitor in 1080p than that rare wide thing.the cpu part has amd 8350 that should be expected, but no i5 4670, and still you ppl run aa, pls do not use grafics blur that dont add any fidelety to image. like motionblur, antialiasing and the fucus distance blur thing.

Haravikk

Distinguished
Sep 14, 2013
I was actually really pleased by how well ESO ran on my Mac, as it's not a gaming machine at all and is now pretty old; it's a 2008 Mac Pro with GeForce 8800 GT, while it's CPU performance is still strong, most budget gaming PCs will run circles around it on most titles. Even so, I was able to run ESO at 1080p (though I think the game graphics themselves were at 720p) and at the High setting with a few tweaks. Looked pretty good, and ran really well, except for the unbearable fan noise on my GPU that is.

Zombie615

Honorable
Feb 9, 2014
I have an A-10 6700 APU with a EVGA GTX 750 Ti Sc but I'll never share benchmarks of it on ESO until they show me that the game is worth my money. Right now I'm not paying $15.00/month until some new content is uploaded an until I see them stay true to their promise with updates that make it worth my while an not just little BS updates that I never would notice.

XxXGunXxXGraveXxX

Honorable
Aug 10, 2013
How does the GTX 660 score slightly BETTER than the R9 280X? When i built my gaming rig i originally had a GTX 660 and when i replaced it with my R9 280X it was night and day difference in performance in every game...Am i missing something or is that just a mistake on toms side.

killerclick

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2010
Now that this pipe dream is released, where is a Fallout 4 acknowledgement?
It's a different studio. Both published by Bethesda but Fallout and Elder Scrolls are developed by Bethesda Game Studios while Elder Scrolls Online is developed by Zenimax Online.

The game clearly favors Nvidia graphics cards, at least with the build tested. But as you also see with the absence of SLI and Crossfire profiles, driver work isn't done on the game, so it's possible AMD just hadn't optimised their drivers while Nvidia had, giving Nvidia a huge artificial advantage. Time will tell if that's the case.

Shinethelight99

Reputable
Apr 4, 2014
I just started playing this game a couple of days ago and I'm having a good time - My advice is do not listen to the negative people in regards to this game Most of them view the game with preconceived notions and are mostly butt hurt single player fanboys that didn't want them to make a MMO. There is no way to make a MMO exactly like a single player game like Skyrim. Making a MMO is way harder and a huge investment,. The game is way high budget and they are committed to the game for the long haul and will be adding tons of content. They claim there is something like 40 million different types of weapons which is probably more than Diablo 3. Monthly sub fee is no big deal most successful games have had it. WoW has had a monthly fee for almost 10 years now. Monthly fee gets you content - F2P does not. I'm playing the game with a quad core, 4gb of ram, and a Radeon 4890 so you don't need a new, expensive video card to run the game.

Shinethelight99

Reputable
Apr 4, 2014
I have an A-10 6700 APU with a EVGA GTX 750 Ti Sc but I'll never share benchmarks of it on ESO until they show me that the game is worth my money. Right now I'm not paying $15.00/month until some new content is uploaded an until I see them stay true to their promise with updates that make it worth my while an not just little BS updates that I never would notice.
15 dollars a month is that big of a challenge for you? Seriously? You must have missed out on a lot of good games. They will add content I'm sure but remember no game maker can add enough content to satisfy people that play 16 hours a day. That's why it's stupid for people to rush through games as fast as possible.

Well, you could have said the same for SWTOR, and that kind of fell flat.

Shinethelight99

Reputable
Apr 4, 2014
I'm thinking that this could be very good actually, IF they did it like Torchlight 2 or D2. The ability to play OFFLINE or with your selected friends on LAN and, when you wanted to, go online to participate in war, event, hanging out w/ stranger or something. Double the initial price or whatever, but with those feature I mention, "Shut up and take my money!". If it stays like this, I'll never touch it.
That has to be the worst idea I've ever heard for a game like ESO. You do realize offline makes the game susceptible to hacking and mass amounts of cheating right? That's why Blizzard made D3 online only because of all the people that cheat and ruin the game for everyone else.

sjc1017

Distinguished
May 4, 2011
Anyone running this on a laptop with an AMD A10 processor? Wondering how it might run since I am going to buy a new laptop and wonder how it will run on an AMD powered one. I bought it and will level in it. It is quite boring. The world is very beautiful if you are into the Elder Scrolls World and it's different. I am quite happy with WoW combat and I find it boring so, God knows how others will find it. I also miss the usual MMO interface with lots of icons. It's very clean and uncluttered but you don't have a sense of progression. I play MMOs just as a vehicle for interaction and the game will be as good as the people so I will play and level a character over the next couple of months. The subscription fees mean I will play in a concentrated way and then not play until a future expansion. I'll move from ESO to Wildstar to the next WoW expansion at the end of the year so I am just paying for one.

Status
Not open for further replies.