• Now's your chance win big! Join our community and get entered to win a RTX 2060 GPU, plus more! Join here.

Meet Stan Dmitriev of SurrogateTV on the Pi Cast TODAY! The show is live August 11th at 2:30 pm ET (7:30 PM BST). Watch live right here!

Professional PC modder Mike Petereyns joins Scharon on the Tom's Hardware Show live on Thursday, August 13th at 3:00 pm ET (8:00 PM BST). Click here!

Question How well has my computer aged?

dantexfox

Honorable
Dec 30, 2014
Hello, I am currently trying to decide if is finally time to upgrade my gaming computer. With me now being in college I find that opening large assemblies in solidworks to be quite slow. With that I'm wondering if my computer will last another two years if I have to run any simulations.

Current Specs:
Motherboard:
Z97 Extreme4
CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K @ 4GHz
Memory: 32Gbytes DDR3 @ Max Band being 667Mhz per stick.
Graphics: Nvidia Geforce GTX 970 4Gb
Storage: 500Gb ssd, 2TB hdd
Power: Corsair CX 600

Is it possible to reuse any of these parts or to slowly upgrade? From my understanding I'm very limited because of the motherboard I have.

dantexfox

Honorable
Dec 30, 2014
Hello, I am currently trying to decide if is finally time to upgrade my gaming computer. With me now being in college I find that opening large assemblies in solidworks to be quite slow. With that I'm wondering if my computer will last another two years if I have to run any simulations.

Current Specs:
Motherboard:
Z97 Extreme4
CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K @ 4GHz
Memory: 32Gbytes DDR3( 4x8 sticks) @ Max Band being 667Mhz per stick.
Graphics: Nvidia Geforce GTX 970 4Gb
Storage: 500Gb ssd, 2TB hdd
Power: Corsair CX 600

Is it possible to reuse any of these parts or to slowly upgrade? From my understanding I'm very limited because of the motherboard I have.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS