Question How well will this overclock

Aug 4, 2019
So I have a ryzen 5 2600 with stock fan, aorus elite motherboard and a rx 580. How well will this overclock or would I not need to.

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Welcome to the forums my friend!

So I have a ryzen 5 2600 with stock fan
If it's the better wraith spire cooler, then you can overclock a BIT. But the stock coolers are not made for much bigger overclocking.

How well will this overclock or would I not need to.
What do you want to overclock for?
As for if it will overclock well, every chip and system is different, the only real way you'll find out is by trying. But first you'd need to know WHY you want to overclock.

Aug 4, 2019
Welcome to the forums my friend!

If it's the better wraith spire cooler, then you can overclock a BIT. But the stock coolers are not made for much bigger overclocking.

What do you want to overclock for?
As for if it will overclock well, every chip and system is different, the only real way you'll find out is by trying. But first you'd need to know WHY you want to overclock.
Thanks for the reply I havent got the system running yet but was just asking if I could or if this will run 1080p with out the need to oc

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Thanks for the reply I havent got the system running yet but was just asking if I could or if this will run 1080p with out the need to oc
Overclocking will never take you from one resolution to another. Your system will play 1080p fine. Overclocking just gets you a bit of extra juice for your money. Yes it gives you better performance, but it's more about getting every bit of performance out of your money, not drastically changing how it performs.

So based on what I think you want, I'd say you don't NEED to overclock.

Aug 4, 2019
Overclocking will never take you from one resolution to another. Your system will play 1080p fine. Overclocking just gets you a bit of extra juice for your money. Yes it gives you better performance, but it's more about getting every bit of performance out of your money, not drastically changing how it performs.

So based on what I think you want, I'd say you don't NEED to overclock.
Thanks again for the advice

Reactions: PC Tailor