Build Advice How well would this build be for gaming? Any bottleneck/overheating/anticipated issues?

ameva12

Honorable
Sep 25, 2016
  1. Processor: Intel Core i5-9600K (4.6 GHz Turbo) (6-Core) 3.7 GHz
  2. Motherboard: ASUS ROG Strix Z390-H Gaming (Intel Z390 Chipset) (Up to 3x PCI-E Devices)
  3. System Memory: 16GB DDR4 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro (RGB Light Bar)
  4. Power Supply: 850W Digital Storm Performance Series (Fully Modular) (80 Plus Gold)
  5. Storage Set 1: 1x SSD M.2 (500GB Digital Storm M.2 Performance Series)
  6. Storage Set 2: 1x Storage (2TB Seagate / Toshiba / Hitachi)
  7. Internet Access: High Speed Network Port (Supports High-Speed Cable / DSL / Network Connections)
  8. Graphics Card(s): 1x GeForce GTX 1660 Ti 6GB (VR Ready)
  9. Sound Card: Integrated Motherboard Audio
  10. Extreme Cooling: H20: Stage 2: Corsair H100i PRO - 240mm Liquid CPU Cooler (Fully Sealed + No Maintenance)
  11. Chassis Fans: Standard Factory Chassis Fans
I plan to pair it with this monitor: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06ZYHZ6R...olid=2H7BUJ6XXXCIM&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

I would like to know how this would all work together like what kind of performance can I expect from it.

Also, are there any potential issues with the motherboard in terms of compatibility with the other components? I know the PSU may be a bit excessive for the gpu and cpu, but I would like to know if that's still ok.

I currently do not plan to overclock this but I may decide to do so in the future if I feel confident that it is stable enough.

Mainly looking to play Elder Scrolls Online, on high settings most of the time, with 1080p at 144Hz (1ms, TN screen), with extra eye candy things like shadows, water reflection, bloom, etc turned off during trial/raids.

Thank you for any feedback!

Last edited by a moderator:

Lutfij

Titan
DDR4-3200Mhz would be a good thing to have especially for that platform. I'm not quite familiar with DS's PSU's...but I'd be happy to look at them if you could maybe shoot us a picture?

How much is that prebuilt going to cost you? You might want to consider the idea of building the system on your own, with an idea of what's going into your system.

FYI, please stop creating multiple threads on the same topic!
https://forums.tomshardware.com/thr...-build-configuration-for-playing-eso.3502143/

ameva12

Honorable
Sep 25, 2016
DDR4-3200Mhz would be a good thing to have especially for that platform. I'm not quite familiar with DS's PSU's...but I'd be happy to look at them if you could maybe shoot us a picture?

How much is that prebuilt going to cost you? You might want to consider the idea of building the system on your own, with an idea of what's going into your system.

FYI, please stop creating multiple threads on the same topic!
https://forums.tomshardware.com/thr...-build-configuration-for-playing-eso.3502143/

Sorry, I wasn't sure how to delete my last thread. For the price I'm sticking to below $2000.

I can replace the PSU for this one: 850W Corsair RM850x (Fully Modular)

I do not know what their performance series is, but there is a 3200 Mhz 32gb option from Corsair:

32GB DDR4 3200MHz Corsair Dominator Platinum DHX (Extreme-Performance)

Current setup with adjustments so far:
https://www.digitalstorm.com/configurator.asp?id=2485417

1. Processor: Intel Core i5-9600K (4.6 GHz Turbo) (6-Core) 3.7 GHz
  2. Motherboard: ASUS ROG Strix Z390-H Gaming (Intel Z390 Chipset) (Up to 3x PCI-E Devices)
  3. System Memory: 32GB DDR4 3200MHz Corsair Dominator Platinum DHX (Extreme-Performance)
  4. Power Supply: 850W Corsair RM850x (Fully Modular)
  5. Storage Set 1: 1x SSD M.2 (500GB Digital Storm M.2 Performance Series)
  6. Storage Set 2: 1x Storage (2TB Seagate / Toshiba / Hitachi)
  7. Internet Access: High Speed Network Port (Supports High-Speed Cable / DSL / Network Connections)
  8. Graphics Card(s): 1x GeForce GTX 1660 Ti 6GB (VR Ready)
  9. Sound Card: Integrated Motherboard Audio
  10. Extreme Cooling: H20: Stage 2: Corsair H100i PRO - 240mm Liquid CPU Cooler (Fully Sealed + No Maintenance)
  11. Chassis Fans: Standard Factory Chassis Fans

Last edited: