[SOLVED] How will I clean CPU/Heatsink fan?

Spirals

Prominent
Mar 8, 2019
Alright, recently I have seen another thread on the same topic, a guide on cleaning CPU fan, apparently it was posted at 2012. Now, the thread didn't get as much answers, yet.. which is why I kinda need more information on how should I clean the Heatsink.

I have a Deepcool Gammaxx 300 R, right now, a tower CPU cooler. How would I do it exactly? Is it the same as cleaning your case fans? Just hold the blades individually and spray some canned air on it? Or do I have to disassemble the cooler and unscrew the fan, and then spray some air on it??
Please I am desperate for answers :D

I have a can of compressed air ready now.

Solution
in order asked
  1. see next
  2. yes
  3. yes
  4. not unless you really want to or its time to change the thermal paste, every 2 years or so is my preferred interval for paste lifespan.
hold the blades secure and blast away with canned air, it will be dusty I suggest going outside for the blasting procedure. while your there clean the PSU fan as well. use the straw to keep the blades from spinning and blow out the PSU and the fan.

R_1

Expert
Ambassador
in order asked
  1. see next
  2. yes
  3. yes
  4. not unless you really want to or its time to change the thermal paste, every 2 years or so is my preferred interval for paste lifespan.
hold the blades secure and blast away with canned air, it will be dusty I suggest going outside for the blasting procedure. while your there clean the PSU fan as well. use the straw to keep the blades from spinning and blow out the PSU and the fan.

Solution