[SOLVED] How will my GPU recover from his injury? (Maybe an heart attack...just kidding)

laser_213

Commendable
Dec 21, 2017
So I've been using my gt1030 for just like 1 year...Just like a normal day with my GPU,running fine and making my day...also he's partnered with an I3-3220 and 16GB of ram with 600W PSU.Then my sister plays her mafia II..and i'm just watching her:vip: when suddenly the display goes black:homer:, i have to restart it but just the time after it restarts the display does not goes with my side anymore...you can hear sounds of windows and pressing the keyboard and the theme sounds and pressing something (windows sounds) and startup sounds but the display is just black.But when i try to plug my vga on the mobo with the card still seated on the PCI-E the monitor comes back from blindness.Also it overheats like going abnormally super saiyan 4 maybe 5 ,maybe weeks after it got sick, it doesn't behave that way before tho.I also applied new thermal paste and still goes mad.Windows boot up but monitor won't.I also tried that changing thing in bios "that integrated to PCI thing" i swear but it's like 4-5 months since it was dead and this is just the time i consult on you professionals.By now i'm using my old gpu.I also tried putting my GT1030 on my friends PC and it's the same.Please tell me all the possible fixes:ouimaitre:...Thank you all in advance :).I want to make more memories with this buddy :'(...

Last edited:
Solution
The best move would be to call the manufacturer of the card (msi, Gigabyte, etc. not nvidia) and request warranty service. Generally speaking, new GPU warranties are for three years, though some cheaper cards only get two years. If you only bought it a year ago, you should be able to request RMA service.

DSzymborski

Titan
The best move would be to call the manufacturer of the card (msi, Gigabyte, etc. not nvidia) and request warranty service. Generally speaking, new GPU warranties are for three years, though some cheaper cards only get two years. If you only bought it a year ago, you should be able to request RMA service.

Solution

laser_213

Commendable
Dec 21, 2017
Unfortunately i can't do that :(...it's more than 1 year already