How will perform a ryzen 3 2200g with a GTX 750 ti

Aug 19, 2018
I'm purchasing a budget PC and I end up with a ryzen processor but I'm not sure how good will perform with a GTX 750ti.
Do you recommend anything else?

As mentioned its not exactly a great setup. You have a weak APU paired with a weak GPU-I'f be considering, if at all possible, to go for an i5 8400 or a ryzen 1600 (you can get great deals on them), pair it temporarily with a 750ti if thats your only option and upgrade down the track.

I'm not sure why everyone is slamming you so hard.
The 750ti will work on most games with low settings and will pair very nicely with the 2200g.
But saying that, if you haven't bought the system yet, you should ask people to help design you a build if you have a set amount of money.

CRO5513Y

Expert
Ambassador

Agreed, people are acting like the 750 Ti will give you 720p low settings @ 30 FPS which isn't true at all. I've personally played Witcher 3 @ 1080p on mostly Medium Settings + All effects turned on and it ran pretty well with a solid 60 FPS excluding minor dips to the 50s in Novigrad (large city) and dense forests. It'll work well as a placeholder card until you can upgrade, or perfect if you're only planning on playing Esports titles or older stuff. Although, the onboard Vega graphics can do a decent job at this too.

Kashimi

Honorable
Apr 14, 2015
Not sure why you think anyone is slamming him. Those aren't great parts. Will it preform? Yea sure. Would it be better if he dropped an extra $30 or $40 into a 780ti instead since he's clearly going to be buying a used card either way, absolutely.

I mean, you're talking about running equipment that even brand new wasn't considered to be the top tier stuff. I'm not saying that you couldn't play a game like Wither on 1080 at medium settings, My wife was just doing the same thing.

For a budget system there's nothing wrong with a Ryzen 2200g and 750 Ti. That Ryzen is about the lowest cost new quad core you can get, so it's not like there's another better CPU for the price. Then, if you're on a tight budget, a used 750 Ti has the advantage of being a low power demanding card while still being a gaming card. A more powerful used card means spending extra money on a power supply powerful enough to handle it. This is no small consideration if you're on a budget.

That is true, he could go to the 2400G and get similar performance to the GTX750, but he was going for a 750TI, but I do admit, the performance would be similar to that as well.

Nov 28, 2018
I also have Ryzen 2200g with gtx 750ti and its working wonders for new games on low or custom settings.(still no budget for GPU upgrade)
GTX 750ti is a bit better than Vega 8 APU on 2200g but you can use it to save $$$ on GPU. but if you are on demanding games go for 1050ti or 1060 6gb if you have a budget.

Mar 17, 2019
I'm purchasing a budget PC and I end up with a ryzen processor but I'm not sure how good will perform with a GTX 750ti.
Do you recommend anything else?
2200G + 1060 6gb would be perfect I think. 2400G is slightly weaker then 1030 (5-7 FPS). 750 ti is 5-7 FPS better then 1030. So u will get about 10-14 FPS more compared to 2400G.