Question How would a state of the art i7 and top of the line NVidia system speed up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 28, 2021
Cut the trolling
my internet access speed? Also do video cards increase internet speed, and what about cpu's do they increase internet speed. Or is the internet speed actually controlled by the provider?

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Internet speed is controlled by the provider.

To a lesser extent heavy traffic on a wifi router could also slow you down, but this is rare. Usually households with many devices connecting/streaming at once.

CPU and GPU will do nothing for you.

Feb 28, 2021
Internet speed is controlled by the provider.

To a lesser extent heavy traffic on a wifi router could also slow you down, but this is rare. Usually households with many devices connecting/streaming at once.

CPU and GPU will do nothing for you.
I agree fully, so why are kids wanting 2 and 3 video card systems that have no hope of increasing online performance when online gaming is generally the only purpose of a gaming computer

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
I agree fully, so why are kids wanting 2 and 3 video card systems that have no hope of increasing online performance when online gaming is generally the only purpose of a gaming computer

Gaming performance and online performance not quite the same thing.

More FPS in a game engine means the image gets refreshed more quickly, which translates directly into reaction times. Doesn't change how long it takes the signal to get back to the server, but it does change the time the gamer takes action. So if it starts sooner it gets there sooner.

But yeah, multiple GPUs hasn't been a thing for a few years now. You can still do it, but most games it offers little to no benefit and can even hurt frame times (not the same as frames per second)

Feb 28, 2021
I have never seen any kid say such a thing. Seen a lot of things on here, but not that one.
Then you are not looking, another thread has a kid wanting three top of the line video cards that will fit on an imaginary computer. An i5 computer on a faster than average connection has an advantage over a 10,000 dollar i7 machine

USAFRet

Titan
Then you are not looking, another thread has a kid wanting three top of the line video cards that will fit on an imaginary computer. An i5 computer on a faster than average connection has an advantage over a 10,000 dollar i7 machine
You're referring to this thread?

Again and for the final time - That system has nothing to do with games. Or NASA spacecraft design.

Feb 28, 2021
You're referring to this thread?

Again and for the final time - That system has nothing to do with games. Or NASA spacecraft design.
No NASA does not use computers with three video cards and the motherboard that does not exist, and neither does the Air Force.

Status
Not open for further replies.