[SOLVED] How would a wifi card improve my experience?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrewbandrew05

Reputable
Jun 30, 2019
Before I start, i wasn't sure where to put this in the forums sorry if this is the wrong place. I have a msi b450 carbon gaming ac, and I'm wondering if buying an add in wifi card would be beneficial. My PC never reaches max download speeds ob our network, and I'm wondering if the built in wifi is not great and is causing this to occur. I would like to buy a wifi 6 card to future proof my rig, and am looking for one that has insanely low latency and atleast 1000mbps on 5ghz, as I think that is what my Wi-Fi connection is. Would buying a new card boost my speeds, and if so which one should I buy?

D

Deleted member 1272431

Before I start, i wasn't sure where to put this in the forums sorry if this is the wrong place. I have a msi b450 carbon gaming ac, and I'm wondering if buying an add in wifi card would be beneficial. My PC never reaches max download speeds ob our network, and I'm wondering if the built in wifi is not great and is causing this to occur. I would like to buy a wifi 6 card to future proof my rig, and am looking for one that has insanely low latency and atleast 1000mbps on 5ghz, as I think that is what my Wi-Fi connection is. Would buying a new card boost my speeds, and if so which one should I buy?
Is cabling out of the question?

I think it's definitely worth a try. I have had wifi dongles not work well (mainly the cheap ones)....and I've replaced them with mainly netgear ones....and I've had good performance with those.

Do not expect magic from wireless. Overall speed is a function of signal strength, interference from other networks on the same frequency, and the fact that wireless is only half-duplex. Add any repeaters and speed drops by another 50% minimum. You will never see speeds over wireless match speeds over CAT cabling.

Andrewbandrew05

Reputable
Jun 30, 2019
I figured out a way with help from my uncle to cut broadband terminate it into router and then extend the rest of the ethernet cable currently being used for broadband to an ethernet port in router. Then we connect our one hub thingy that runs the network most of my families on. Then I'll run Ethernet from router to rig.

Status
Not open for further replies.