Question how would i be able to download an iso file off a cd/dvd for windows?

nomad_00

Prominent
Oct 29, 2017
how would i be able to download an ISO file off a cd/dvd for xp/vista? i have the codes and the disks so i can do it non illegally. i would like to have them cause i have a vm that i would like to run old games/software but what program would be able to get bootable ISO file and if so would it be able to work on older one like vista, xp , 95? (i would like to play outlaws)

nomad_00

Prominent
Oct 29, 2017
how would i be able to download an ISO file off a cd/dvd for xp/vista? i have the codes and the disks so i can do it non illegally. i would like to have them cause i have a vm that i would like to run old games/software but what program would be able to get bootable ISO file and if so would it be able to work on older one like vista, xp , 95? (i would like to play outlaws)

nomad_00

Prominent
Oct 29, 2017
XP and Vista?
You're mostly out of luck. MS no longer offers those, and anywhere else you find is completely suspect.

Unless you have a friend with a MSDN account, or has saved form an old TechNet subscription.
what i meant was a program that lets me rip the iso off the disk so i can use it

COLGeek

Cybernaut
There are no legal (MS-sanctioned) download sources that I am aware of for these OS images. I do not recommend using the shadier sites that are all over the Interwebs. Instead, see if you can purchase previous (legit) media on eBay (or similar) to meet your needs. It would be safer.